Pink was the cause of death in an April case.
Clatsop County Medical Examiner JoAnn Giuliani’s jaw just about dropped on her desk.
One night in July, she looked through an internet database that features results of potential overdose death examinations conducted by the state medical examiner’s office. She searched for one particularly curious death that occurred in late April. A young man was found dead on his friend’s couch, but Giuliani was unable to determine which of the multiple drugs he consumed was the primary cause of his demise.